Phone: (973) 854-3180
The International Center for Public Health (ICPH) houses 10,000 sq. ft. of Bio-Safety Level 3 (BSL3) vivarium and laboratory spaces dedicated to study infectious diseases and highly transmissible pathogenic agents.
Features of the facility:
- Air-handling and mechanical systems are dedicated and redundant for maximum safety
- Flow cytometry, HPLC and Mass Spectrometry for molecular analysis
- Glas-Col full body inhalation exposure systems located in the vivarium for studies involving animal models
- A Perkin Elmer multi-modal in vivo imaging system
- A CH Technologies aerosol exposure system
- Vivarium space consist of:
- Nine rodent housing rooms
- Six small animals housing rooms
- Six tissue culture rooms
- Nine procedure rooms
- Six dedicated rooms for aerosol challenge
- Four animal holding rooms, four procedure rooms and two aerosol rooms can be dedicated for studies involving select agent.