Mass Spectrometry Facility
The PHRI mass spectrometry facility consists of established pharmacokinetic, lipidomic and mass spectrometry imaging (MSI) platforms.
Mass Spectrometry Imaging and Lipidomics
Pharmacokinetics and Metabolomics
We have four LC/MS systems and two MALDI mass spectrometers (primarily used for mass spectrometry imaging):
- AB Sciex 4000 QTRAP MS coupled to Agilent 1260 Infintiy HPLC.
- AB Sciex 4000 API coupled to Shimadzu UFLC XR HPLC.
- AB Sciex 6500 QTRAP coupled to Shimadzu Nexera X2 HPLC.
- Thermo Q-Exactive Hybrid Quadrupole-Orbitrap coupled to Thermo Ultimate 3000 HPLC.
- Two Thermo MALDI LTQ Orbitrap XL Hybrid Ion Trap-Orbitrap mass spectrometers (located in BSL-3).
We also have advanced software for interpretation and mining of mass spectrometry data:
- Thermo SIEVE software for statistical analysis and metabolite identification during untargeted metabolomics experiments.
- Bruker SCiLS software for advanced data handling and statistical analysis of MALDI MSI datasets.